The Sacrament of Matrimony is celebrated throughout the year on any day other than Sunday. All weddings must be arranged with the parish before any other plans are made, and must be done at least six months prior to the intended date. Active Catholics from outside our parishes are welcome to seek arrangements to marry in our parishes. Please call the rectory to make an appointment with Father Shemek or Deacon Tim.
Guidelines for planning a wedding in one of our churches
- Due to the number of items that are required for preparation of a couple as they marry, such as sacramental records, Pre-Cana classes, paperwork that needs filling out and meetings with the priest who will be officiating at the wedding, we seek at least 6 months from the time of booking the wedding to its celebration.
- While either office may be able to tell a couple that a particular date is available, no wedding is actually “booked” nor date reserved without the couple speaking to Fr. Shemek.
- The couple should make all arrangements, not the parents or witnesses, by calling either rectory.
- Weddings at either parish can take place on any day of the week, though Sundays are to be avoided for reason of morning masses, baptisms, restrictions of readings and prayers that must be from the Sunday Mass, not the marriage ritual, etc.
- Times for weddings will vary in each parish: Saturday weddings must begin by 2:30pm or earlier at St. Theresa, 3:30pm or earlier at St. Christopher.
- The couple may need to “get their own priest” if Fr. Shemek or Deacon Tim are not available on a day or at a time insisted upon by the couple.
- Couples who do not belong to either parish are welcome to celebrate their marriage with us as dates and times are available. Additional information and a letter from their pastor will be required.